I created the Code of Honor based on my life's experience and the moral guides I followed to keep me honorable as I traveled through life.
We are all influenced by many different variables; People, Money, Status and Things that force us into making choices that determine our ability to stay honorable or become dishonorable. I never choose people, money or status over staying true to my morals and being honorable - I have made many bad decisions over the course of my life but I always came back to the path of honor by relating to one of the seventeen guides in the Code of Honor.
We all have a moral duty to stay honorable
We all have a moral duty to stay honorable and to make the right choices to stay on this path or this world will continue to become a very difficult place to live. We all should desire to live with the satisfaction that we our truly living honorable lives. We also have a moral duty and obligation to raise our children, guide our friends & family, and mentor people that we have the opportunity to influence by teaching them and establishing a solid moral foundation in which they can use to guide them through life in an honorable manor. The code of honor is the guide that you and everyone else can use to achieve the ultimate goal of living a honorable life and to guide you back on track if you fall of the path.
Please read the Code of Honor below and download the printable revision to keep on hand and close for when you need it to remember the guides when you find yourself in challenging situations.
The Code of Honor:
- Be truthful without intentionally causing harm
- Honest without intentionally hurting feelings
- Do not cheat, lie or steal
- Treat all living things with care and respect
- Be responsible and productive and do not burden society
- Be the solution not the problem
- Protect what cannot protect itself
- Defend only what needs to be defended
- Do not allow your own weaknesses and insecurities to destroy other’s lives or livelihoods
- Give everyone a chance that wants or deserves one
- Mentor people to be their best
- Hold yourself and everyone else accountable for their actions
- Love only what you can love and never use love to mislead
- Do not manipulate or deceive
- Do not bear children that you do not want, cannot love and cannot afford
- Give back what you take from people, society or nature
- Do not take any life unless there is no other option